When I recently moved floors to a new desk space (with more natural light, hooray!) I took the opportunity to make my work home a little brighter. Considering I spend most of my waking hours at work and how easily my mood is affected by my environment, it seemed like the perfect time to make my desk be more than just file folders and stacks of papers. Like my happy new digs?
My desk musts:
- Glossy white floating frames. A few photos, a bright travel calendar from Etsy, and a stamped pennant from when I climbed Mount Fuji. Nothing says "I can do it!" like a physical "I climbed a mountain!" reminder, right?
- Sunny lamp from West Elm
- Cubicle wallpaper. I found discounted fabric from Jo-Ann Fabrics and hung it up by folding and pinning the borders of my wall with tacks like a hem.
- Living things. Nothing brings life to a ho-hum desk more than a cute terrarium from Etsy and my favorite cyclamen plant.
- Grass charging station to reign in and tame cords.
- Monogrammed mug from Anthropologie, a great Christmas present from a colleague!
- Japanese paper trays and boxes to organize pens, paper clips and for me, all my errant bobby pins.
- Voluspa candle. Beautiful, and it smells great even if you can't light it.